Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sleepy Mondays



Ah yes, sleepy Mondays. I always have a hard time getting out of bed on these days. I had lots of catching up to do from my busy weekend.

 On Saturday, I got a nice long walk. The sunny day brought out a lot of my neighbors. Every time we passed another pooch, I wanted to go up and check them out, but Mommy made me keep going. How are these dogs supposed to know that I'm in charge, if I don't get to tell them so? I did get to meet one miniature pinscher on the block, and we enjoyed mutual sniffing. Both of our nubbins were wagging a mile a minute while we said hi.
 

Sunday was very exciting, because I got to see my Airedale cousins! My terrier family includes Sidney and his mommy, Gracie. Sidney is almost my age. I'm four months older...but not bigger.  Actually, the only time I was the bigger boy, was when he was one month old.

 After that, he just grew and grew and grew, and now I can easily fit under his legs. I don't think my aunt knew how big Sidney would eventually get. Maybe it's the raw meat she feeds him that made him grow like a weed. Maybe I should ask my mommy for some...

Anyway, Sidney and Gracie came for a visit on Sunday, and we all met at Grammy and Grampy's house. They have lots of toys that are always in the toy box when I go over. It's my job to pull them all out and spread them over the living room floor so we can see what we want to play with.

 
Sidney will sometimes play tug with me. I think he's sometimes very lazy. He will lay down with the toy in his mouth, while I am on my feet, pulling, and pulling, and pulling. I think he just gets tired more quickly because he's a bigger dog.

 

His mommy, Gracie, doesn't play too much. She likes to take a toy and keep it in her mouth, and growl at Sidney and me if we try to play with her. That's okay, though--I don't mind if she doesn't like to play. 

 We played tug and got out all of the toys before my aunt told me it was time for her to take my cousins home. It was a good thing, too, because I was starting to get sleepy, but I couldn't let Sid know he was tiring me out. We little dogs have to keep up. 

As soon as I got home, I couldn't wait to go to bed. As soon as Mommy said, "Time for bed!" I grabbed my squeaker and went right to my spot. I knew it was going to be another sleepy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment